International Phycological Congresses
Congresses are held at four-yearly intervals (see IPS Congress Policy).
The Eleventh International Phycological Congress (IPC 11) will take place in Szczecin, Poland, from August 13 (Sunday) through August 19 (Saturday), 2017. Phycologists, and others interested in algae from throughout the world are invited to attend this event, which continues a tradition that began in 1982 with the first IPC in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.
The theme of the Congress will be “Challenges of the molecular era for algal research and the promise of bioprospecting”, but as usual, contributions on all aspects of phycology will be welcome.
The Congress will have the usual format, with a mixture of plenary talks, symposia and contributed sessions (of talks and posters) on four days, and a midweek break.
- Guidelines for the preparation of a bid for the Eleventh Congress (PDF)
- International Organizing Committee (IOC) Chairpersons (from 1979)
- International Phycological Congresses: IOC Chairpersons
- International Phycological Congresses: Conveners
- International Phycological Congresses: Executive Committees (IPC-1 to IPC-5)
- International Phycological Congresses: Local Organizing Commitees
- International Phycological Congresses: International Organizing Commitees